Friday, August 17, 2018

Cycling sportives


Cycling Sportives

I got into cycling when doing my A levels (2016). I was bored of being cooped indoors revising and decided to sign onto a long endurance event (125km) across the Yorkshire Wolds. This seemed like a great idea at the time although I had not taken into account the fact I did not own a bike and had done no training. This event was tough. I was the only rider not on a road bike and chugged my way up all the hills knowing there would be flapjack stations at the top. Since then, my love for cycling has grown. I have written short reviews of the sportives that I have completed below.

Wolds 123 (summer 2016) – This ride was hilly. Great meal at the end. Options to make it shorter during the ride. I did the 125km.

Heart of the Wolds (Easter 2018) – Well organised. Lots of parking available. Great scenery. Good number of feed stops. Massage at the end. 100km.

Scarborough Sportive x 2 (summer 2016 and 2017) – This ride is a good one. You all start at Oliver’s mount and the view from the top is great. You finish on a great big field and have to do a lap prior to finishing.


Charnwood Primavera (Summer 2017) – Busier roads than I am used to in Yorkshire. Finish at their local gym with a large buffet making it a very sociable event.


No comments:

Post a Comment